Wednesday, September 20, 2017

MFT Superstar Cards

Shakers are listed in the MFT Superstar Innovation Master challenge category.  I really love the MFT shaker pouches that eliminate the need to use foam, so I made this card which also works for MFT Color Challenge 77
The larger MFT Dizzy Doily die was dry embossed on gray cardstock & cut out by hand.  I also used scissors to cut out the center for the pouch to fit through.  The doily & the card front were sponged with DI pumice stone.  An image from MFT Peaceful Wildflowers was white embossed for the shaker background.  The shaker mix is made of dark blue, light blue & pink glitter with some clear seed beads thrown in. 
I stamped the image from the same set in pumice stone, using my mini MISTI so I could stamp multiple times.  White waxed twine was tied in a bow & embellished with a pearl before adding the panel to a white card.  I'm also entering SSS Monday.
  

My first attempt at an entry for the MFT Superstar Coloring Virtuoso was a complete failure.  Last night I decided to try something completely different & I'm happy to have an entry for the random drawing. 

First time to open the Flashy Florals dies--so pretty.  I actually colored with 2 purple & 2 green Copic markers--going for darker in the center.  I used my white Sharpie for the dots & added Wink of Stella to the bloom, along with a glittered white dot. 
The sentiment from MFT Tag You're It was stamped on a white panel die cut with MFT In & Out Stitched Rounded Square.  The same die was embossed into the black panel & I added the white one with fun foam.  Hubby mailed this one to surprise his daughter as he just found out that Sunday is Daughter Day.  I'm also entering ATC, SSS Monday, The Coloring Challenge & Word Art Wednesday.  Thanks so much for stopping by.
Edited to add: Also entering SSS Wednesday since the white panel is mounted with fun foam.
Grab our badge:

19 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards ..Greta
    Hope you are well...
    Hugs a Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. two lovely cards, Greta - the first one is so pretty with the shades of white

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely set of cards, greta!! so clever to use the mft colors as your shaker mix!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful shaker card...love the pumice stone border...thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a complete failure at shakers! I've tried four times and all four were terrible. I've decided the plastic cases are the way to go for me too, though I've yet to pick up a pack. This is fabulous and you are indeed a superstar! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two beauties, Greta! Especially love your shaker within the doily!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love them both Greta!
    The first one looks like a little treasure brought back from a walk on the beach and the second walk reminds me of a French cake with sugar roses.
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely shaker card in neutrals with the embossed doily. I'm not good a shakers, so this looks super impressive to me. The sweet flower on the stitched square is the perfect "just because" card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can never go wrong with a pretty doily! These are both wonderful Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty cards, Greta! Lovely shaker card with the doily! Love the beautiful shaker elements! And, second card with sweet flower is very eye catching...wonderful color!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Greta! Your cards are gorgeous! Love the beautiful shaker and the pretty shimmery blossom on the second! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving yo shaker card, both so pretty, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. both cards are really pretty Greta. Your shaker is gorgeous. And your second one is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two super star cards, Greta. I love the lace doily of the first one and the beautiful pink flower of the second one. Have a great day, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both Beautiful cards, love the elegant shaker with it's lovely colours and curly ribbon, love the pretty floral card too with the dots on the end of the petals I must remember that.
    Faiht
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous and unique shaker card. The colours are gorgeous and such a fun idea. The second card is so perfectly CAS x

    ReplyDelete
  17. That shaker is gorgeous, the doily stamping is beautiful and i love it.

    The second card is really pretty, sure they will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Two fabulous entries! I'm especially taken with your shaker; love the colour combination!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous entries Greta, of course I am partial to that shaker---and I love that it is sitting next to my netbook as I wander through blogland. thank you so much for sending it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.